Now the first question that came to mind is... how soon can I reserve a hotel room? Hmm. I'll have to call my favorite hotel brand, Starwood, to see what their policies and recommendations are on future reservations.
One of my colleagues was fortunate to attend the games in Atlanta several years ago, and had the time of his life. Granted London will probably be very expensive; but it's the Olympics -- it's a lifetime opportunity. Another one of the things I'd like to do before I croak.
I think it will be best to break down into small goals and tasks that I can start working on.
- Research hotel future reservations
- Research site location in London to determine best hotel location
- Research 2012 Olympics dates
- Start accruing mad frequent flyer points
- Start saving $$ for airline tickets, in case FF points are obsolete in '12
- Start saving $$ for food and misc items
- Put savings in favorite online bank and watch compounded interest grow!
Off to research...